Brentwood Mutual Credit Union was formed in 1936 by 15 businesses and civic leaders with $150 in capital. After 25 years, the Credit Union grew to have over 925 members and $619,000 in assets. By this time, the Credit Union had become an integral part of the Brentwood community.
Many changes took place over the next 25 years, including the automation of accounts via the introduction of a data processing system and the expansion of products and services to include checking accounts and ATM access.
In 1986, our name changed to West Community Credit Union. By then we had grown to 7,300 members strong with $14 million in assets and almost $9 million in loans.
Today West Community is a progressive financial organization with over $150 million in assets, 19,000 members and over $125 million in loans. Our headquarters location in O’Fallon was completed in 2004. We also embarked on a partnership with Tigers Credit Union on the campus of the University of Missouri-Columbia in 2006. In addition, we added a third St. Louis-area branch in Kirkwood in 2009.
Our sound policies and investment practices have helped keep West Community strong even in times of crisis for other financial institutions. Our service offering and technological capabilities continue to grow, thereby providing members with more convenient ways to access and manage their accounts.
What We Are
We’re a not-for-profit financial cooperative. And, because we are member-owned, we can generally offer better loan and savings rates and fewer fees. All members have an equal share in the organization.
Who Can Join