In the Community
COMMITTED TO THE COMMUNITY 2019 HIGHLIGHTS
Part of our credit union Vision is to help our communities thrive. Whether it’s through financial literacy events, local events, or simply volunteering their time and skills to worthy organizations, these volunteering efforts make up a big part of the credit union difference. We want to give a shout out to our own staff who marked another successful year full of volunteering, fundraising, donating to charity drives and community groups throughout 2019. They are what makes our organization so unique!
Our only ask of our employees is to volunteer a minimum of 3 hours...we averaged 10 hours per person!
Our collective goal for volunteer hours in 2019 was 800 hours, we CRUSHED IT with 1,028.25 hours!
To break it down even further:
- We donated over $4,100 in "Denim for Dollars" donations to local community partner organizations.
- We provided over $30,000 in donations and sponsorships.
- We gave out $10,000 in scholarships.
- We gave a combination of 28 Mortgage Home Buying Coffee Talks, Lunch N Learns, and Community Seminars.
- We provided 15 Presentations to local schools.
- We spent 580 hours with Chambers of Commerce and Business Partners.
- We spent 417 hours of financial counseling, training or presentations to students and adults.
CHECK OUT SOME OF THE fall festivities we participated in this year!
Our Volunteer Day included 95 of our employees helping a variety of different organizations located near our branches.
We walked in the Brentwood Days Parade again this year! The theme was the roaring 20's.
We have an annual Shred Day once a year for members to
We partner with the St. Louis Food Bank and volunteer with them throughout the year.
We enjoyed great company and joined the fun when we sponsored the SSD Family BBQ in Florissant!
We volunteered at KidSmart by helping pack up school supplies for schools!
The employees of West Community Credit Union raise money for local charities and credit union advocacy by donating $1 to wear jeans on Fridays. Since the launch in 2016, credit union employees raised nearly $15,000 in donations with our Denim for Dollars program!
West Community Credit Union is also proud to support the following organizations and schools:
- St. Louis Food Bank
- Junior Achievement
- Children's Miracle Network
- The Sparrow's Nest
- Animal Protection Association of Missouri
- H. E. R. O. S. Care
- Brain Injury Association of Missouri
- Brentwood School District
- Kirkwood School District
- Hazelwood School District
- Francis Howell School District
- Fort Zumwalt School District
- Wentzville School District
- St. Mary Magdalen School
- Brentwood Century Foundation
- Achievements Unlimited
- Youth in Need
- Annie's Hope
- Catholic Charities
- MO State Highway Patrol Youth Academy Program
- Memory Care Home Solutions
- National CU Foundation
- Crisis Nursery
- Connected Learning
- Maplewood/Richmond Heights School District
- HCUCF (Heartland Credit Union Charitable Foundation)
If your organization is interested in a partnership or donation contact us.
Even if you’re really careful about the information you put online, your printed files can still be an easy target for identity thieves and should never go directly in the trash.
To protect your personal information, we’ll be providing a data destruction truck in our parking lot to shred your outdated sensitive documents for FREE while you wait. We cannot shred cardboard boxes or x-rays. Five box limit. Thank you.
Lake Saint Louis Branch
Saturday, April 25, 2020
9am - Noon
101 Pond Fort Trail
Saturday, May 16, 2020
9am - Noon
18 Mullanphy Gardens Shopping Center
WHAT DO I SHRED?
To find out what documents to keep and what to shred, click here.
Check back! We'll add more dates for our fall Shred Days soon.