Health Savings Accounts
Absolutely no fees with our HSA!
Designed for people with High Deductible Health Plans (HDHPs), our Health Savings Account (HSA) earns competitive interest on every dollar to help people save for medical and retiree health expenses tax free. Your contributions carry over annually and distributions are tax free for qualified medical expenses.* Plus, you can easily access your HSA with our MasterCard® HSA debit card.
- Individuals covered at least one month by an HDHP with a minimum annual deductible of $1,300 or $2,600 for a family.
- Individuals cannot be covered by any other health care plan, enrolled in Medicare under age 65, or claimed as a dependent on another person’s tax return in the year of the contribution.
- The maximum out-of-pocket expense limit is $6,550 for individuals and $13,100 for families.
2017 ALLOWABLE CONTRIBUTIONS
The annual contribution limit us $3,400 for an individual, $6,750 for families.
|Minimum Opening Balance||$0|
|Minimum Daily Balance||$0|
|Cost Per Check||$0|
|Online Account Access||$0|
|Telephone Account Access||$0|
|Online Cleared Check Viewing||$0|
|Online Statement Viewing||$0|
Qualified Medical Expenses Include:
- Prescription medications
- Doctor visits
- Hospital care
- Dental and orthodontic fees
- Eyeglasses, contacts and exam fees
- Lab fees
- Chiropractor visits
- and much more
For more information, contact Member Services at (636) 720-2400 or (800) 500-6860, option 4.
A $25 deposit in a savings account is required for membership. *See a tax adviser for guidance as West Community does not provide tax advice. **Individuals should always check with their plan administrator to determine eligibility.
The money you place in your Credit Union savings account is federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), the strongest government insurance fund in the country.